Beware user: Meatwad - Never resolved

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

LillieKnightly ( 0 )
New Trader

Beware user: Meatwad - Never resolved

Post by LillieKnightly »

I had a trade with Meatwad a while back and things just stunk. I've recently noticed that he changed his e-mail address to erase all of his previous negative feedback.

He is currently signed up under the e-mail address: theundyingreaper@yahoo.com

however his previous e-mail address was
doombomb@hotmail.com

Please be careful when trading with him. He is dishonest and unpleasant to work with.

I believe he is currently selling the following lot:

Warhammer Fantasy and 40k for sale (lot's here)

Warhammer Fantasy
High Elves
50 Archers
50 Spearelves
16 Silver Helms
4 Repeater Bolt Throwers
12 Phoenix Guard
17 White Lions
25 Swordmasters
2 Great Eagles
2 Mages
1 Mounted Mage
1 Chariot

Lizardmen
100 Saurus
3 Saurus Oldbloods

Warhammer 40,000
Eldar
9 Warp Spiders with Exarch
9 Howling Banshees with Exarch
5 Striking Scorpions with Exarch
8 Dire Avengers with Exarch
8 Dire Avengers with Exarch

Space Marines
9 converted Assualt Marines
1 Commander on Bike
1 Chaplain on Bike
2 Techmarines on Bikes (one is an Iron Father)
9 Bikers with Close Combat weapons, a few are White Scar models.
4 Bikers with both hands on bars
2 Bikers with Meltaguns
18 Marines with Bolt Pistols and Close Combat weapons, many are Death Company models a few being White Scars
2 Marines with Plasma Guns and Close Combat weapons
6 Marines with Bolters
1 Marine with Missile Launcher
1 Marine with Lascannon
4 Marine Veteran Seargents
2 Whirlwinds
3 Rhinos

Tau
50 Fire Warriors
19 Pathfinders, 6 Rail Rifles
Many drones,
13 Kroot, 1 Shaper
24 Auxilleris
13 Stealth Suits
11 Crisis Suits
2 Ethereal
1 Aun'Shi
1 Hammerhead
1 Devilfish
3 Broadsides
The Blood is the life
Morlock-Bloodletter ( 34 )
Site Admin

Post by Morlock-Bloodletter »

Well, he is already on the old compiled list BUT if you are adding to the feats then you need to adhere to the rules and post the information of the trade you had with him...

Or just read the post on how to report a bad trader.
RULES OF POSTING ON BARTERTOWN ARE FOUND HERE

viewforum.php?f=44
Meatwad ( 0 )
Account Terminated

Post by Meatwad »

Why do you have a seperate account? And, how does it matter what I am selling? You don't even post evidence I traded or even spoke to you.
Dominant.
LillieKnightly ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by LillieKnightly »

It doesn't matter what you think. All that matters is that people know what kind of person and seller you are. If they want more information about our trade, all they have to do is ask and I'll send them an e-mail with our conversation as an attachment.

I already have people e-mailing and PMing me telling me they've had a similar BAD trading experience.

Shame on you for being dishonest and hostile. Why do you resort to namecalling? Why do you send nasty e-mails? What you do is completely uncalled for. We give you negative feedback because you're not a good person. You try to dupe people by trading in their favor but you just throw some minis into a box that aren't even what they're expecting. When asked about packaging or minis you become paranoid and angry. Why? What did we do wrong to you? All we wanted was a sale or a trade. This is business to us and to be swindled and harassed for wanting something to work out evenly isn't fair to us.

Were you not loved enough as a child? Well, don't take it out on me. None of this is my fault. I just wanted some minis. Now I want nothing to do with you.
The Blood is the life
Site Admin

Lillie-please post all relevant material regarding the bad trade in this forum. That is per the forum rules.

It's nice that you are willing to "email" those who ask... so consider me asking for the info and you can reply here in this post.

MB

viewforum.php?f=44
LillieKnightly ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by LillieKnightly »

I would prefer to e-mail the information to you, if at all possible. Is that a problem?
The Blood is the life
lil_tyranid ( 12 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by lil_tyranid »

Wheres the proof? You would rather email the people, but this makes it so the accused can't see what your accusing them of.

For all I know your a bad trader and just trying to look good and safe. Show the proof, otherwise the Mods will probably lock this and discalim any thoughts of you being a bad trader.
MSN Messenger: lil_tyranid@yahoo.com

Yahoo Messenger: lil_tyranid

My other Refs are below.
http://www.bartertown.org/ref/index.php ... otmail.com
lil_tyranid ( 12 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by lil_tyranid »

Also, is obvious you made that account to accuse Meatwad, thats not a nice thing to do and can get you banned :twisted: Unless you tell us your proof and yadda yadda yadda.

I am long time trader and know this because I accused a scammer but didn't have the time to give proof like Morlock is giving you, be warned when it gets dark the Mods seek blood :shock:
MSN Messenger: lil_tyranid@yahoo.com

Yahoo Messenger: lil_tyranid

My other Refs are below.
http://www.bartertown.org/ref/index.php ... otmail.com
LillieKnightly ( 0 )
New Trader

"Communication" with Meatwad

Post by LillieKnightly »

Well, I wanted to remain somewhat anonymous but since i have to post e-mails, Meatwad here will know who I am and will inevitably be sending me more letters of harassment.

I have not altered these e-mails at all. I am merely cutting and pasting the e-mails I have received.

Meatwad:
Hey, miss. I have thought $105 plus shipping would be good deal. For all the stuff I have of Lizardmen, it's about $100 or around there off.

107 Saurus
3 Saurus Heores.

You pay shipping, it'll all be cool.

Me:
I am only interested in your 6th ed models -- not the 5th ed ones.

Meatwad:
PLEASE, take them all! They've been rotting with me for too long!

Well that's over... are you completely, utterly, convinced you don't want everything? Well, I'll have to think of a price for the stuff you want..

IT'S A GOOD DEAL!
Wait, awesome deal. Like billions off the true price tag! :(

Me:
See - the thing is that I would like to take them all but I don't want to pay so much for them.

Meatwad:
So much? How is it too much?! It's a hundred or more dollars off. What do you think would be fair?

**This is the part where we had an instant message conversation on msn. I am currently at work and do not have access to the file. I will post it as soon as I get home from work if it is necessary. It's here that we agreed on $85. He insisted I send first and send cash, which I openly mentioned sounded a bit sketchy. He said he didn't have a bank anywhere near him. I offered to send him the money for shipping and then mail him the cash once I received everything but he insisted I send $45 cash to him first.**

He e-mailed me his address:
James O'Daniel
XXX Roosevelt Ave
Janesville, WI 53546

and I said I would send it sometime within the next week.

the rest of the e-mails are as follows. Please excuse any profanity. I am cutting and pasting what the e-mails show.

Meatwad:
Did you send the cash out yet?

Me:
Hi,

I'm sorry to do this to you but after reviewing your feedback on
bartertown, I have decided against the trade. You have a score of
-13 feedback and have had two recent complaints about broken figs.

I'm very sorry to do this to you and I hope you understand.

Meatwad:
-13?! How the *edit*?! I WAS *edit* RIPPED OFF BY THOSE TWO ASSHOLES, WEHN I RATED THEM BAD THEY RATED ME BAD.

This is when I received the bad trading reference from Meatwad. I e-mailed him back with my concerns.

Me:
I feel your negative feedback really wasn't necessary. I have left you feedback to counter yours. Feel free to dispute it if you want.

Best of luck in the future.

Meatwad's response:
Look, honey :O, I have gotten several trades since those two who ripped me off posted those refs (like you, to counter the ref I postes(which was deserving in all cases)). But, I guess I see why you have bad luck on BT.

Me:
You haven't had good posts since those guys "ripped you off." The last post before mine was negative.

I understand your disappointment -- you sounded like you needed the money. I unfortunately did not want to take the chance of having broken figs sent. Also, I wasn't too keen on getting last edition Saurus.

It's probably for the best this way.

I hate to sound rude, but I consider this matter closed. We have left our mutual negative feedback and the trade agreement has been recinded.

Meatwad:
Actually, when I got those negative ratings it me so far back I didn't care for feed back. I can tell you what I traded but it wouldn't matter. Anyway, even my one positive is better than your zero. People will see why I got the bad rating and see who I got the good ones from, I got negatives from nobody's like you who have had no other trade expirience so don't have a damn clue who would possibly be a good trader. And, if I remember correctly (which I do) you said the old ones would work well for testing paint schemes.

Anyway, I also brought in a well respected member of Barter Town who I traded with to validate that I am a good trader, that's more then you could hope to do. Not to mention asking for cash being skeptical, what the *edit* are you on? I could have gotten a check, it would have bounced and you would have told me to *edit* off when I demanded my merchandise back.

That was the end of our communication. He was being an instigator and I simply didn't want to fight anymore.
The Blood is the life
LillieKnightly ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by LillieKnightly »

And yes, I did create this account just for that purpose. My actual sn is V_Mina_Harker.

My refs (V_Mina_Harker@Hotmail.com) have been fine until my recent trade with him. I have had four successful trades with positive feedback. I just didn't want him to leave more negative feedback as a retaliation for my complaint to bartertown.

I've come clean.

**update** lil_tyranid, from looking at your refs, I've discovered you are Meatwad's brother. I hope you are indeed his brother and not meatwad himself. I find it's slightly sketchy that you leave positive feedback on bartertown for trading with your brother, by the way.
Last edited by LillieKnightly on Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Blood is the life
Meatwad ( 0 )
Account Terminated

Post by Meatwad »

Mina, you:
A) Have no trade experience
B) I didn't call you any names besides the name you you gave me
C) Didn't have anything to back you were a good trader
D) The people that gave me bad ratings ripped me off

You, also have no evidence that says I am a bad trader. Also, I put out good deals becasue, guess what, people want good deals. I am getting out of Warhammer and so I almost don't care how in the others favor it is.

You can't figure out a good trader from a bad trader, I brought into our chat a well respected trader to approve of me because I didn't want you to think badly of me. What did you do to sanction you were not indeed a scammer? Nothing.

You don't have real evidence against me, why? I am not a bad trader. A lot of the people I have traded with are actually on my MSN and we talk frequently, we actually became friends through this site (thanks).

Again, you have never traded, again you don't even know what you're talking about.
Dominant.
LillieKnightly ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by LillieKnightly »

I posted all of our e-mails as well as my trading refs. That shows that you are a bad trader. You flipped out when I broke the sale because I didn't feel comfortable with trading with someone who had a history of broken figures. Up unti just recently my record was flawless -- that is until you gave me negative feedback purely out of spite. I'm sorry I don't trade often enough for your standards but I did provide the information and "proof" that was requested of me.

Please try to read my post and acknowlegde what I have posted before you continue to acuse me of anything else.

This is why I cut off our communication. You insist I don't know what I'm talking about when I DO and that I don't have any trading experience when I DO.

Please stop being so condescending. You're only making yourself look worse.
The Blood is the life
Site Admin

Ok, thread locked for further review by admin.

MB

viewforum.php?f=44
Linrandir ( 108 )
Site Admin

Post by Linrandir »

Admin has reviewed.

LillieKnightly: Generally creating secondary accounts is very frowned upon here. However, considering the rampant abuses of the ITL by certain parties your caution in protecting your ITL rating is understandable.

Meatwad and Lil_tyranid: I've decided to name a rules amendment after you two and I am making it retroactive. You've got about 8 hours to finish whatever business you two have on Bartertown before I delete your accounts and add you to the ban list. To be kind, your conduct has been nothing short of reprehensible and your behavior? Brings nothing but shame on you and your family.

Here's the thing. The Btown rules are dynamic. They change and adapt to deal with previously unforeseen circumstances - if you try to be clever and exploit a loophole, I will slap you down.
Oh, and another thing: We've got new ITL editors that make deleting crap references very, very easy. Thanks for motivating this particular improvement.

That is all. If anyone has something to say to me about this, email or PM me. I will not stand for users being intimidated on my board.
New to Bartertown?
Read These Now!
Got ripped off?
Read This First!

Administrative Transparency: Anything you write me can and will be made public should I deem it necessary. Anything I write to you? Same deal. Fair is fair.

My Official Admin Messages have the :rulez: icon in front.
NuWishA ( 60 )
Deputy Pants

Post by NuWishA »

Can we let them back on, then ban them again?

And why don't we have a link on the front page called:

PEOPLE YOU SHOULD NEVER EVER TRADE WITH

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”