BTR - CannedRabbit

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Godisen ( 0 )
New Trader

BTR - CannedRabbit

Post by Godisen »

Okay before we get started I would like to state that both of us a relatively new users here at bartertown. So if things seems a bit confusing at first that might the main reason.

By it's very nature the nature the whole process was kinda rushed because as he stated in the post, that he needed the money for a christmas gift. That seemed efficent and I like fast transcations but it seems like it also could have it's downside. I have wired him the money but after a little bit of initial doubt if i wanted him to send the models right away or in the future with additional models (to minimze international shipping fees), I asked him to postpone the shipment but after that he havn't responded to me at all.

Link to the original post : viewtopic.php?t=270747

The models in question was the following

A unopend Restless Dead box
Contains a Wight King, 20 Skeleton Warriors, 10 Grave Guard and 5 Black Knights.
Also 10 addition Skeleton Warriors, how these were packaged i do not know.

2. Conversation
Here starts our conversation.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Godisen wrote:Hey im interested[/
Godisen wrote:Vampire counts

Sent: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:47 am
by Godisen
Hey im interested
quote]

Cannedrabbit wrote:If you're interested, I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
I accept payment via paypal, which is cannedrabbit@gmail.com
I usually ask people to send it as a gift, so they dont take fees out of it.
Everything is in box, nothing's been painted or removed from the sprues. I wanted to work on them at some point, but life happens sometimes.

All I'd need from you is payment and a shipping address, and I'll get them out stat. (I gotta pick up some packing tape tomorrow, then it'll be packed and shipped asap.)
Godisen wrote:Okay, lets get this out in the open. I live in Sweden so First of all I'm not sure if you still wanna cover the shipping costs.
I'm not quite sure how much it would cost (since i don't really know where you live).
I live in Stockholm specificly.
Cannedrabbit wrote:I could probably get away with First Class International shipping, since its not too big. We'd be looking at around $13.70 to ship, if thats cool with you.

Godisen wrote:That is perfectly okay with me.

Okay this is gonna seem lika a pretty random request.
I'm currently looking into buying som more vampire counts models fron the US.
I'm trying to avoid spending money on international shipping and insteed spending it on models. So could we make some kind of arrangement line this?
I pay you now for the undead battalion and under further notice to postpone shipping it. Then I could maybe ship some other models to you and then we ship everything togheger in bulk. This would save me a loot of money but it's perfectly understandable if you don't wanna deal with that hassle.
What are you thinking about my proposal?
Cannedrabbit wrote:I think I can do that. You're helping me out, so I'll return the favor. ^_^

Go ahead and pay me, and I'll hold on to them until you're ready to go. I'll ship what you need me to then.

My address is

Vera Campbell
455 Rockwell Street
Kent, OH 44240
USA
Godisen wrote:Okay sweet, 62 dollars right?
Cannedrabbit wrote:yep, $62 exactly. Remember to send it as a gift or something, so that Paypal doesnt fee.
My paypal address is cannedrabbit@gmail.com, just to toss it up again.
Thanks!
Godisen wrote:Okay, just gonna find out the exact exchange rate then il send the money!
Godisen wrote:That, should do it. Did you get the money?
Cannedrabbit wrote:Hmm..it hasnt shown up in the account.

Next message here was a picture proving that according to my paypal that i sent the money. I could add share it if anyone is doubting that I provided it.

Godisen wrote:Nvm, realized that picture probarbly doeesn't mean anything to you, it said it could take longer then usual for handling currenct exchange though

Here i was refering to that the text in the picture taken is in Swedish which is pretty hard to read if you only speak english.

Cannedrabbit wrote:got it! thanks!
Godisen wrote:Btw just out of curiousity, those extra skeletons you said you were throwing in. How many are those? Realized there are packages of 5,10,20 in size.
Cannedrabbit wrote:It's a pack of 10.

This is the last I have heard from him.

Godisen wrote:Okay,
I just orderd some more warhammers from a guy in the US. He made it really unclear if he were going to send them to you or straight home to me.
When he tells me how he decided to do it i will inform you how.
If he decided to send it toawards me directly, either way we should start talking shipment.
Have a merry christmas and it's perfectly understandable if you dont respond during christmas day :)

After this he Havn't read any of the following messanges but they I'm providing them anyways

Godisen wrote:Hey!
How are you doing?
I just bought some more vc models from a guy in canada whom are going to send them your way. Could you handle shiping them including the ones i bought from you as soon as you get them?
Happy holifays :)

I removed my name from that quote. That is the only thing i have removed from any of the quotes.

Godisen wrote:Okay, I'm no longer sending any warhammers your way. Could you send the ones I bought straitght for me as sopn as possible? Please respond when you get this!
Godisen wrote:Hey man!
Please answear me, I'm awaiting a response on how your going to handle the shipping

And here ends our conversations on Bartertown

I have tried messaging him on what i think is his Facebook page but to no avail.

3.Proof/information
Proof that my payment went through from an email sent by papal.
Be aware that a large portion of it is in Swedish.
https://gyazo.com/d3503cf25f344b6f43c68f3cc601f58d

A summery of all the information i have found out about him based on googling the adress mentioned above and additional information i found out through good old fashioned googling. (This information may not be true if he gave me wrong information during the trade itself).

His facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cpirro3?fref=ts
paypal email: cannedrabbit@gmail.com
His personal website: https://gamingxgrounds.wordpress.com/
His house: https://www.google.se/maps/place/rockwe ... 89!6m1!1e1

4. As a final note I'm note sure about what my options are as I sent it as a gift and if the information he entered is wrong then i got nothing on him (at all).
I would really benefit from some advice how i should proceed guys.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Re: BTR - CannedRabbit

Post by 3eland »

Have you had any further update regarding contact?

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
Godisen ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by Godisen »

Okay this has happend since last time.
I managed to get into contact with Cannedrabbit or Caitlin Campbell as is the person registerd to the email adess previously mentioned cannedrabbit@gmai.com.
On the third of january 3/1/16. She responded in the following way to me on bartertown after i asked what was going on in an email.
Cannedrabbit wrote:Sorry for the delay! Our post office opens up on Monday, so I'll head up there and ship your VC stuff out monday afternoon! Thanks for your patience.
In the light of he/she finaly responding and things looking up I asked for the BTR I had just posted taken down since things seemed to have worked themselves out.
After a little googling and checking my paypal account I have found out that the email account connected to the accound to which I made my payment seems to have changed to groundsgames@gmail.com.
Also just googling Caitlin Campbell seems to turn up a loot of information, she and her wife ( Vera Campbell) seems to be local small time celebrities in the war gaming market.
This seems extremely fishy since these names do not check out with the address mentioned above. At least none of these name correspond to the owner of the house.

Some stuff I found while just googling the names:
https://www.youtube.com/user/nekotenshi
http://susankirkman.com/MMS/tag/non-euclidean/
http://gamingxgrounds.tumblr.com/post/1 ... s-campaign
Godisen ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by Godisen »

Okay I just now realized that at least it's the same name as in what i thought was the address earlier. We write addresses in a different way where I'm from which might very well have contributed to some confusion.
Godisen ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by Godisen »

Another weird part is that this is linked as customer service on the paypal payment site http://www.gamingxgrounds.com
And also i can't get my head around that the email address seems to registered to Caitlin and in the address it is signed as Vera.
I find this very weird, who burrows another persons email address? Who states another persons name instead of their own when stating their address?
My current theory is that the Campbell's are either unrelated to the mail address and someone have set it up in their name and can't keep the names straight or it have been hacked.
Godisen ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by Godisen »

Okay i sent an friend request and also messaged the account in question and no answer so far. In fact I have been blocked from sending further friend requests or messages. This is in my opinion very suspicious behavior. I have also messaged his wife but she hasn't answered yet.
https://www.facebook.com/cpirro3?fref=ts
What is the next logical step for me?
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Call up Paypal directly. Tell them you messed up and it wouldn't happen again. Tell them they have another complaint filed against them already for this exact thing.

It has worked before, but I would do it soon.

Ryan
~Ryan~

Gav99 ( 562 )
Expert Trader

Post by Gav99 »

He accepted my contact request on facebook messenger as of 5pm this evening, but no response to my message. So seems like he's cutting us out.

His Facebook page just went dead also. I was able to view it last night, but now it's gone to "unavailable or you're not allowed to see it". That's a pretty bad sign, as now he's putting up a wall.

Do what you can to get a refund for what you paid them (via Paypal or your card) and you may have to try and get his local cops involved about the other minis you had sent there.

On my BTR I requested that he come clean and say he screwed up (selling the item twice) and just send you your stuff. I'm getting my money back from him regardless (you bought it first anyway, so if the items are real then they belong to you) so, unless this is just a con, he only has you to make right at this point (unless it was also sold to others who haven't spoken up yet).

(using the masculine as default, as I don't know who this person is)
Trading on Dakkadakka under the same name.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

So I did some digging.

Vera is Caitlin's wife. Caitlin is the registered person under Cannedrabbit.

Vera owns a store in Kent, Ohio. Since this is a publicly owned store and she is the wife of Caitlin, the details are:

Vera Campbell
Gaming Grounds Tabletop Games in Kent, Ohio
330-677-8075
416 stinaff st

Note however that according to this publication, the store may no longer be operational as they are converting their space for some sort of housing for the LGBT community: http://recordpub.com/news%20local/2015/ ... bt-housing

There is a website under Cannedrabbit from Kent, Ohio that sells paintings: http://cannedrabbit.storenvy.com/faq

Gaming Grounds had an eBay account but after a few negative references they were either banned or unregistered (note the Kent, Ohio in the public description): http://www.ebay.ph/usr/gamingxgrounds?_ ... 7675.l2559

I haven't been able to find a public link between that Facebook account and Vera or Caitlin. Did they give you that as a contact?

I'll do some more digging later.

Ryan
~Ryan~

3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

As an update, cannedrabbit changed the email associated with their account on January 2nd. I will be PMing both of you this.

Ryan
~Ryan~

Gav99 ( 562 )
Expert Trader

Post by Gav99 »

If you need some extra ammunition for your Paypal claim Godisen, I'll email you my Paypal transaction ID

I just received confirmation that the claim was decided in my favor (Cannedrabbit didn't respond in the allotted time frame) and that I'll be getting a refund at some point soon. If you tell them that your case is identical to mine, that you were sold something that was also sold to others out of purposeful deceit, and give them my transaction ID as proof of the con (of which the details match your transaction). That might give you a little more leeway to getting your money back.

As a note, when I checked my Paypal transaction it seems that they changed their Paypal email, as my refund is coming from:

groundsgames@gmail.com

not the Cannedrabbit email that I sent payment to initially. So it seems that you are correct in that they changed their Paypal email address after receiving payment from us. It may be time to get their local police involved, as we have 2 cases of intentional fraud and then multiple steps of trying to evade the both of us with the intention to keep the ill-gotten gains. We have plenty of proof that ties it to them, and I'm pretty sure Paypal will have their account tied to their bank account and address. At the very least it's worth a try.
Trading on Dakkadakka under the same name.

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”