Napar

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

zombied00d ( 106 )
Journeyman Trader

Napar

Post by zombied00d »

Good morning B-Town.

I had arranged an exchange with Nathan Parsons trading my Ancient King pledge for Wrath of Kings for $100 US and his Survivor Level pledge for Kingdom Death Monster. He has failed to change the shipping address specified upon, and as of July 19th per Adam Poots (the creator/administrator of the Kingdom Death: Monster kickstarter) had in fact changed the address back to his own name and location. Faced with this revelation as well as Mr. Parson's continued silence and refusal to respond to my emails and private messages, I am left with no options other than a BTR and filing a mail fraud complaint.

Due to the length of time between the trade, I no longer have Mr. Parson's responses, however Plarz did give me permission to post this given that I have proof of all of the information from my side as well as documentation of shipping and payment.

Re: W: Wrath of Kings H: PayP & Kingdom Death Survivor Pledg

Sent: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:12 pm
To: Napar

Subject: W: Wrath of Kings H: PayP & Kingdom Death Survivor Pledge KS

Napar wrote:Hello BT,

I'm looking for Wrath of Kings, Ancient Kings pledge. I have Kingdom Death: Monster Survivor Pledge, plus I'll kick in some cash through Paypal. I also have some Relic Knight miniatures new in box and in hand to sweeten the deal.

A few other items I have are;
Star Wars Imperial Assault new in box
Infinity 3rd Rulebook with Pre-order model both new and sealed

Thanks for looking,

Nate

Hey Nate, I am interested in this, I have my ancient king pledge in hand, I am interested in your Survivor pledge for KD:M. How much Paypal cash are we talking?

Next message, he offered $100 as well as his survivor level pledge.

Sent: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:38 pm
by zombied00d

I am amenable to that. Would you be changing your pledge or simply shipping upon reciept?

He stated that he would change the shipping address. The next message in the interest of full disclosure, I let him know there was minor cover damage to the WoK rulebook.

Sent: Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:37 pm
by zombied00d

Sounds great. However there is one thing: the book was shipped to me in "not mint" condition. there are small creases in a number of pages (it looks like something may have been pushed into the book prior to/durring shipping. I had planned to get this fixed, but CMON won't do anything about it until they have gotten everything shipped out. If you're in the "Eh, I don't care" camp. Then I can send this out to you on Tuesday.

This next PM is my paypal address.

Sent: Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:46 pm
by zombied00d

zombied00d(at)gmail(dot)com

This pm was sent upon reciept of the initial payment, and contained the USPS tracking information.

Sent: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:08 pm
by zombied00d

Got it into the mail today, Priority, $200 Insurance.

Tracking Number: 9505800004315020000387

Should get there by Thursday.

Thanks again!

The next PM is my address (which I have omitted) along with a request that he simply change the shipping address

Sent: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:24 pm
by zombied00d

OMMITTED ADDRESS
And I don't need the updates. Just zip me the tracking info when it gets shipped.

And here is where I change my mind and request the updates be sent to me.

Sent: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:24 am
by zombied00d

Hello,

Probably should have asked this before, but, did you change the pledge to my name/address, or are you going to ship it to me after you recieve it?

And also, upon consideration if you could change the updates so they come to me at zombied00d@gmail.com that would be great too.

Thanks,

Jeremy

So for the next few months, nothing gets sent because there's no forthcoming information from the KD:M team. However, when I know that I am going to be moving I contact Mr. Parsons via email.

zombied00d@gmail.com <zombied00d@gmail.com>

Jun 8

to nathan.parsons
Good morning Nathan,

I was hoping you'd be able to change the shipping destination for the KDM pledge as I am moving in July and it may not actually be shipped by then.

Thanks much!

Jeremy

No response. So I waited a few days in case it had gotten caught in his Spam filter, and I attempted to contact him via PM on Bartertown.

[color=#4000FFKD:M for WoK trade

Sent: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:52 pm

Good afternoon Nate.

We had traded a few months back my WoK kickstarter for $100 and your KD:M pledge when it ships. Looks like I am going to move before the Kingdom Death stuff ships. Any chance you can change the shipping info for me?

Thanks sir!][/color]

Still No response. At this point it has become distressing to me because KD:M has already stated that the shipping containers are enroute and has requested finalized shipping information. But, again, no response. I wait a few weeks, and send the following as both a PM and an email.

Kingdom Death Monster Trade

Sent: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:17 am

Good morning. I was wondering if you had any shipping update about our trade from February (my Wrath of Kings for your KD:M pledge) I know that the main game has started shipping and I am eager to get my copy.

I'd also appreciate if you could just confirm that you got this.

Thanks,

Jeremy Patterson

No response. I then get the shipping information for *MY* KD:M pledge wave 1 rewards from Adam Poots. And I have the following email exchange.

Question aboit Kingdom Death

Jeremy Patterson <zombied00d@gmail.com>

Oct 6 (2 days ago)

to adam.poots

Good afternoon sir.

I am cheating because I am a massive jerk.

I fear that I may have been defraudd by one of your backers an individual by the name of Nate Parsons from Virginia. I had previously contacted the support email but he could not provide me an answer to the questions I needed answered.

I purchased Mr. Parson's pledge in exchange for another kickstarter and monetary consideration in February of 2015, before your project had begun shipping. He was to change the address and recipient of his pledge to me. However I have not received any confirmation this has been done. Since I have since moved as of July his silence has been somewhat unsettling for me.

Yes. I have already backed this project and my information for that pledge is correct. No this is not "your problem." Yes caveat emptor.

For what it is worth however I do have proof that this transaction took place and can provide it if so requested.

All I am asking for is a confirmation of if the individual changed the pledge address. If you can't do that, I completely understand. But if you can it would be a huge help, either as a load off of my mind and yay human decency or confirmation that I need to involve law enforcement.

Thank you. For everything.

Adam Poots

Oct 6 (2 days ago)

to me

Oh my.

Here is the address change he requested on Jul 13th.

ADDRESS OMMITTED

I am not getting involved anymore then this. Sorry man. But this is on you guys. If there needs to be any follow up, it has to come from Nate, the original pledge holder.

So at this point all evidence indicates that this individual is knowingly and intentionally defrauding me via USPS. As such I am faced with no other option than to file a BTR report.
A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of hilarity!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Napar

Post by MagickalMemories »

I am confused. His PMs stay in your inbox until you delete them. I have ten year old PMs in my inbox. How do you not have his? Did you delete them?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
zombied00d ( 106 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by zombied00d »

Yes I did delete them out of a sense of overly optimistic optimism . I spoke to Plarz to see if there was a way to recover them and due to the fact there wasn't I had to go ahead and post what info I did have.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

As an update. I have changed the bright green as it was burning my eyes.

Do you have his address? I see you omitted it, however you only need to omit your own information.

Thanks,

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
zombied00d ( 106 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by zombied00d »

Nate Parsons
56 Carriage Hill Drive
Fredericksburg Va 22405

The above matches both what I shipped to and what was listed by PayPal as Mr. Parsons address
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Not only did you NOT keep him PMs, but you're also past the reporting threshold.
Frankly, I cannot guarantee that this BTR will stay. It sucks to tell you that. It really does.
Rules are rules, though, and you cannot prove anything without all the PMs.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
blackspade ( 450 )
Expert Trader

Post by blackspade »

During your communications did you quote his messages when responding?
If you did there should be a message history below your 'sent' message.
I'm still not sure why you would delete any messages related to incomplete trades.
Skol!
zombied00d ( 106 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by zombied00d »

Mr. Parsons ins currently or has recently sold/is attempting to sell the item in question.
VAGamer wrote:I have the Zombicide: Black Plague Knight Pledge for sale, the base game is shipping any time now. I'm asking $220 shipped for this. (the $20 covers all shipping as this will ship in two parts, one this month and the next in early 2016)

Knight - Zombicide: Black Plague + Wulfsburg expansion + Exclusive Gowan survivor + Hero Box + All Applicable Stretch Goals.

I also have a kingdom death survivor pledge, I have open and played this once, only built the white lion and the 4 survivors (no paint) This includes all of the stretch goals and added miniatures of this pledge. Everything is in near mint condition (again, played once) I'll also include the gencon mini from this year with the 2 promo lanterns. Asking $350 shipped for this beast!

Survivor – You’ll receive the Kingdom Death: Monster boxed game, the two Kickstarter exclusive plastic miniatures Adam & Anna Explorers of Death

Thanks for looking!
I have confirmed that VAGamer is in fact Napar aka Nathan Parsons using a different user name via conversation with an individual who has traded with him in good standing on Bartertown.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Identity confirmed. Both accounts banned.

Eric

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”