BTR - Brother Ranz

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Tokhuah ( 14 )
New Trader

BTR - Brother Ranz

Post by Tokhuah »

I purchased the Tyranid Codex using PayPal from Brother Ranz aka Scott Barber. The following PMs start with my request to know if the Codex was the most recent and ends with an unresponsive Ranz. We also engaged in a side conversation regarding a game we formerly played (because I recognized his avatar). I am deleted those portions from the PMs but can easily restore them by request of the moderators. I am also redacting email and home addresses and will replace them with X's as place holders.

I would like this deal to be resolved in one of the following ways, in order of priority:

1. Receive the Codex
2. Get My Money back

Tyranid codex
Sent: Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:08 pm
by Tokhuah

Is the Tyranid codex the newest version? How much is shipping?
Re: Tyranid codex
Sent: Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:07 am
by Brother Ranz

It is the newest, in new condition and five bucks shipping in the US.
Thanks for looking!!
Sent: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:50 am
by Tokhuah

Hi,

That works. When you provide a confirmation of the total with payment instructions I will send money your way using PayPal. Thanks!

Scott
Sent: Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:35 am
by Brother Ranz

This is US delivery, right? If so, paypal = 32 including shipping.
xxxxx@yahoo.com
Thanks mate!
Sent: Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:11 am
by Tokhuah

Money sent! I used the option of sending money to friends and family instead of commerce because I heard it is a lower service charge. I believe my address will be included in the confirmation but just to make sure:

Scott Means
Xxx Xxx Xxx
Xxx, XX XXXXX

I look forward to getting the Codex!

Scott

We engaged in a conversation about the former CCG we played and he provided a way to reach him on Facebook if I ever wanted to reminisce about the good old times. The holidays passed, it was now two weeks into 2015 and I was going to follow up on the status of the Codex if I had not received my purchase by mid week. But I was surprised to get this PM first:

Sent: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:50 am
by Brother Ranz

Hey there!

I just recently moved out and when I went to my EX's place, there were two packages for me to mail out that were never sent. I will get out your codex tomorrow and priority ship it with my apologies.

When I still did not receive the Codex after almost two weeks I sent the following PM that at the time of this post is still in my outbox unread.

Sent: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:50 pm
by Tokhuah

Hi,

Did you ever send the Codex? I have not received it.

Scott

I attempted to contact Mr. Barber through the Facebook connection he provided me on DATE and noticed he had updated his photo earlier that day.

Tokhuah Trickster
2/8, 11:17am
Tokhuah Trickster
You never sent me the Tyranid Codex and have not responded to my PM on Bartertown. What's up?

Mr. Barber has changed his FB avatar since I sent the message so I know he has access to it.

This deal is now an Unresolved Bad Trader experience.
All life fears death from birth. Life fears death, but lives only to die.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: BTR - Brother Ranz

Post by MagickalMemories »

Please, provide the entire PM string (even side conversations).
Please, only redact your own information.

Thank you.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Tokhuah ( 14 )
New Trader

Post by Tokhuah »

SInce I cannot edit my previous post, see the following with superfluous text included. Please let me know if you need anything else:
Sent: Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:11 am
by Tokhuah

Money sent! I used the option of sending money to friends and family instead of commerce because I heard it is a lower service charge. I believe my address will be included in the confirmation but just to make sure:

Scott Means
XXX Xxxx
Xx, XX xxxxx

I look forward to getting the Codex!

One more thing, non transaction oriented. I recognize your avatar as an Elf from the Warlord ccg. Are you/were you a Warlord player or do you just like the image? I ask because I played the game for years and still have decks for virtually every format.

Scott
Sent: Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:22 am
by Brother Ranz

I was Ranzadule on the Temple of Lore. I fell into Warlord when L5r was with WoTc and whatnot. My best decks were Throgs. You?
Sent: Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:24 am
by Tokhuah

I recognize your ToL handle. Mine was the same as here. Elf player all the way, starting from Saga of the Storm.
Sent: Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:40 am
by Brother Ranz

I recognized yours but was unsure from where. I stopped playing when AEG let it die and I never started back up thoigh I have gotten back into L5R. Warlord was a lot of fun but I do not own or hamgout in game stores much anymore and I am steering my kids more toward sports and games like pool and poker and chess, thoigh I run D&D for them. I am at ranzadule@hotmail.com on fb i you want to keep in touch and BS about this sort of stuff. ;)
Finally, the post where I redacted his email:
Sent: Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:35 am
by Brother Ranz

This is US delivery, right? If so, paypal = 32 including shipping.
sabarber22@yahoo.com
Thanks mate!
Is this good?
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Thanks.

Sending via F&F was a mistake. Always protect yourself with transactions. You REALLY need to be comfortable with your trade partner to do that, and I'd dare say you two don't know each other that well. You MIGHT try contacting PayPal (via phone, NOT the internet) and explain how you made a mistake and didn't realize the way you were sending it was not what you expected. You just thought that, since you'd interacted with him & it wasn't an anonymous eBay sale that it qualified.
Play your cards right and they might allow you to refute the payment. You have to hurry on that, though, as you only have ninety days.

I've messaged him on Facebook. We're not friends there, so the message won't go into his main messages, but I hope he'll see it.

Ranz has had more than a couple trade issues here before (delayed shipping, etc), but I don't recall any times, off hand, where he didn't come through.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Siegebeast2142 ( 52 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Siegebeast2142 »

I had a problem with him shipping. It took a couple months, but he closed his end of the deal, and even included some extra models for the mistake.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

This might also be him... and it's active:

https://www.facebook.com/MrCoincidence

Here are his friends with the last name "Barber":
https://www.facebook.com/melissa.barber.5621
https://www.facebook.com/amy.turnerbarber
https://www.facebook.com/erynn.barber
https://www.facebook.com/jlsbarber
https://www.facebook.com/KrysBarber
https://www.facebook.com/meg.kuklabarber

Send them all messages via Facebook. Explain that you are trying to get in touch with him and that he seems to have disappeared. Explain that you're concerned about him. Ask if they have some way to get in touch with him (via phone, perhaps) to ask him to get in touch with you.

There is no valid excuse for this, barring some sort of massive inability to get online (hospitalized, incarcerated, etc). I mean, even cell phones have the ability to get online.

Eric

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

I think Siege is saying that the BTR is resolved by BrotherRanz.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Siege is saying his own issue was resolved.
This BTR was started by Tokhuah, who hasn't yet said it's resolved. My reply was for him.

Eric

Tokhuah ( 14 )
New Trader

Post by Tokhuah »

I can confirm this is his page with photos of his real face:

https://www.facebook.com/scott.barber.988?fref=ts

Do you think he is the same person from both Facebook pages? I noticed the same family members on both pages.

Anyway, been super busy with in my face life issues but will follow up this weekend.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Well, he wouldn't be the first person with 2 Facebook pages.

Eric

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Received via a member who prefers to remain anonymous:
I know this is almost a month old, but he was spotted at the LGS over the weekend and appears to be in good health, so he's running out of reasons not to respond

Eric

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Did a little searching.
See if you can't get THIS to work for you:
Phone number
518-712-5176
Eric

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Well, he won't be replying to any of your PMs. He's been put on the ban list.
Damn shame, too. Maybe only the 2nd trader in BT's history with that kind of rep who's ever had to be banned for this kind of crap.

Eric

rifter ( 36 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by rifter »

I wanted to point out that I ordered something as well around the same time as the OP. Mine finally arrived yesterday. I've never actually seen BR not ship items, but I have heard of him being slow. Though, this was a bad one. I wanted to point out that there is hope. It took 4 or so months to arrive.
I try to issue references in a timely manner. If you ship me something, and there is not a review up within two days, please remind me, at that point, I have spaced it.

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”