BTR: Sethhellbringer- BEWARE Justin Barnard / Jason Ticknor

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Crushar ( 94 )
Journeyman Trader

You would think....

Post by Crushar »

You would think that this kinda crime is like the guy robbing the Pizza guy that delivers to his house. I mean we have his address, we have documentation. We can suppena his ISP, why can we not so anything about this???
nurglesplague ( 0 )
Account Terminated

Post by nurglesplague »

As said before if you were ripped by Justin Barnard, NOT Jason Ticknor I can help you possibly get your stuff back. I have been helping a few others already. As far as Jason Ticknor is concerened I can help you legally.
You dont want a lap dance from papa nurgle
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

You know...

Post by MagickalMemories »

As said before if you were ripped by Justin Barnard, NOT Jason Ticknor I can help you possibly get your stuff back. I have been helping a few others already. As far as Jason Ticknor is concerened I can help you legally.
You know, Nurgle...

There's somehting suspicious about what you're doing and, to be honest, I'm quite sceptical.
You have a brand new account here, created right around the time this stuff started happening, and you come on saying you can help with BOTH of these rip off artists.

You say that you know something about "Justin Barnard" and that he's not Ticknor... yet you have yet to tell us anything.
We don't want to PM you to get the information.
Post it here for everyone to see. If you REALLY want to help people. help them BEFORE they get scammed. Tell them JUST who it is they should be on the look out for.

Now, you claim to be able to help "legally" with Ticknor. Why? Are you a cop? P.I.? Lawyer? Hit man? Why do you say "legally?" Is your help with "Justin Barnard" illegal?

I'm not the only one who would REALLY like to see these questions answered. What you're doing and how you're doing it is suspicious.

Eric
Read the sig.
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
uatu13 ( 396 )
Expert Trader

Similar Problems

Post by uatu13 »

Hey, I don't know about the guy that started this post, but Justin has screwed me so far as well to the tune of $300 worth of Mordheim bits. Here's how it's gone so far:

He says he had a bunch of stuff I needed off my list and wanted to do a simultaneous trade for a bunch of bits. My stuff arrived, and of course nothing ever did from him. After waiting a month or so for the stuff to arrive I inform him they haven't yet and that we should look into insruance we both purchased for our packages. After stalling me for a few weeks he then tells me taht he can't file an insurance claim because he lost the insurance ticket. I checked with my PO and they said all you need is the receipt from when you paid for shipping because it shows some sort of number you can use to file an insurance claim. I Justin know this could be done, but he says that he shipped 5 things at the same time and wasn't sure which one was mine (smelling fishy already).

At this point I decided it would just be easier to have him ship my bits back since it was obvious I was never going to get my trade items, so now going into month 3 I still haven't received any packages and keep getting responses from him saying that the package was rejected and that he'll get to it the next day or whatever. I'm getting to the point of either filing a lawsuit or just driving up to where he lives and getting the stuff back in person.

I can provide emails as to this bogus trade if anyone is interested, but I think I may have in excess of 30 or so.

Jeff Wille
pflanzer ( 10 )
New Trader

Post by pflanzer »

I hate to say this but I am not going to even consider any trades with any individual living in Wisconson. Sorry but this guy has been able to weasle out of any consequences for his actions and has as a result continued to scam people. Maybe if others do the same some "local" presure could be applied.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Yeah... What HE said.

I hate to say this but I am not going to even consider any trades with any individual living in Wisconson. Sorry but this guy has been able to weasle out of any consequences for his actions and has as a result continued to scam people. Maybe if others do the same some "local" presure could be applied.
Yeah. Good point.

... and I think I won't trade with anyone from Washington state because someone from that state once tried to commit fraud on someone else and got away with it... And, come to think of it, there are a lot of slippery politicians in D.C., so I'll scratch the whole district off of my list, too.
No more Washington's for me!

Dude. Get real.
You don't want to trade with the WHOLE STATE because of 2 people?

Whatever. Your choice.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
uatu13 ( 396 )
Expert Trader

But

Post by uatu13 »

Hey, it's goofy to punish a whole state because of one guy, but I'd be a little hesitant trading with anyone from WI as well just for the simple fact it's possible this guy is using all these different aliases. He even sent me an email of supposed past trades he's done with other people because he was new to BT, but I'm starting to wonder if they all weren't his addresses. This has to give you pause with trading from anyone in his region.
nurglesplague ( 0 )
Account Terminated

Re: You know...

Post by nurglesplague »

MagickalMemories wrote: You know, Nurgle...

There's somehting suspicious about what you're doing and, to be honest, I'm quite sceptical.
You have a brand new account here, created right around the time this stuff started happening, and you come on saying you can help with BOTH of these rip off artists.

You say that you know something about "Justin Barnard" and that he's not Ticknor... yet you have yet to tell us anything.
We don't want to PM you to get the information.
Post it here for everyone to see. If you REALLY want to help people. help them BEFORE they get scammed. Tell them JUST who it is they should be on the look out for.

Now, you claim to be able to help "legally" with Ticknor. Why? Are you a cop? P.I.? Lawyer? Hit man? Why do you say "legally?" Is your help with "Justin Barnard" illegal?

I'm not the only one who would REALLY like to see these questions answered. What you're doing and how you're doing it is suspicious.

Eric
Read the sig.
as far as this is concerned I have good reasons for not wanting to go public with ALL the information that i have. First and most importantly I am a person who goes to a store they go to regularly. Also if they used this board before who is to say they are not using this board again...aka looking at all the info that we have. Why should we tip them to more than we have to. So i dont think I am being very suspicious here, and hay if you dont want my help well then fine I can just stop, but seeing as though I am quite a bit closer to them then you are what exaclty is the problem?
Just wondering.
As far as who they should be looking for im not exaclty sure. As far as I know neither of them are active traders anymore.
As far as who is who, I have said before they are different people, and I have told that to every person who actually PMed me like I asked. They kind of have to be diffrent people. If you have not looked at the facts.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

Active traders, heh. A trade constitutes items leaving 2 persons' hands and being exchanged, not one person scamming another out of goods.

As far as "tipping them off," I only wish they'd come back here to see what we're saying.

Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, someone's gonna catch up with them and they'll pay for all the crimes they've committed. Personally, I hope they get locked up for a good long time.

Theft is theft, whether it's done in person, or through the mail. We need stricter laws in place for this sort of thing.

Precedences are made every year concerning new laws and I wouldn't mind seeing an example made of cyber criminals.
mon·ey: noun; a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

USPS Mail Fraud / / FBI Internet Fraud Center
nurglesplague ( 0 )
Account Terminated

Post by nurglesplague »

Oh yeah and another thing, EVERYONE has a new account on here.
Linrandir ( 108 )
Site Admin

Post by Linrandir »

Well hey, that's fraggin' wonderful. Give me names and they shall fall. Please see the newest update regarding multiple account names and such.
New to Bartertown?
Read These Now!
Got ripped off?
Read This First!

Administrative Transparency: Anything you write me can and will be made public should I deem it necessary. Anything I write to you? Same deal. Fair is fair.

My Official Admin Messages have the :rulez: icon in front.
peejmode ( 63 )
Resident Trader

Post by peejmode »

NO WAY not another Ticknor incident...BAH
VICTOOOOOOOOORYY-Johnny Drama
solosmf ( 6 )
Account Suspended - One Month

Post by solosmf »

My account has not changed. Jason Ticknor has been promising to pay me for m loss. Actually for his scam. Since Thanksgiving of last year 2004.
"I'll pay you at the end of the month." "I promise." Well then it was.
"I don't have the money yet." "I am working on it." ETC. ETC. ETC.

Bull $#!^. As far as I am conserned anybody that says they are here to help get (YOUR STUFF BACK!) is either Jason Ticknor himself or a friend of his.
I was ripped off 2/20/04. The price to replace my stuff ($392.75)including what I paid for S+H ($9.50) = $402.25.

I lost Ork pieces:
10 Warbikes, 3 Warbuggies, 2 Wartraks and 3 Dethkopters (now only available as bits).

If you got your stuff back or compensated for what you lost. I am happy for you.
How many others didn't get compensated or their stuff back?

Besides me.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Still, though...

First and most importantly I am a person who goes to a store they go to regularly. Also if they used this board before who is to say they are not using this board again...aka looking at all the info that we have. Why should we tip them to more than we have to. So i dont think I am being very suspicious here, and hay if you dont want my help well then fine I can just stop, but seeing as though I am quite a bit closer to them then you are what exaclty is the problem?
Okay, so you go where they do. Assuming that's true, what's the big deal? Don't give any info about YOU and they won't know who you are.
You say the're 2 separate people... okay... got addresses? Post 'em.
No reason those of us who haven't been scammed yet shouldn't know them. It'll be good to know what addresses NOT to ship to.

Who cares if they know what we know about them. Shoot. All the better. When they start realizing how close we are to them, the heat might make them decide to get up off their butts & return some stuff.

What's suspicious is being new here (and your account shows that you ARE new) and making a lot of claims but only giving info privately. It's like you could be compiling a list of who knows what.
I am NOT assuming you're doing anything wrong. I want to state that openly.

Here's how I see it (not just about you, but it could be about anyone in your position).

Person A could scam a bunch of people. Then, after a year or 2 he could return, using an alias (Person B) and different address and scam a couple more. Once he's caught again, he makes a third account., comes on claiming to be Person C and have some info on the "scammers." Email him for details.

Now, person ABC knows who is on to him and how much they know about him. Posing as someone helpful, he gives out some (false or misleading) information. The kind he can always recant later with "Well, that was how I understood it" or somesuch. This false information, he hopes, can ease the pressure from him and help him get away from the heat.

See, man. that's how it COULD happen. Unfortunately, with the cra..err... stuff that's going on here, many of us will be sceptical.

Want to make me think less sceptical thoughts about you? Here's what you CAN do.
Post the following information (or as much of it as you know) RIGHT HERE ON THIS THREAD about Jason & Justin.

Full names?
Ages (or approximate)?
Addresses?
Phone Numbers?
Workplace name and address?
Common hang outs?
When are they usually there?
Marital status?
Spouses name if applicable?
Parent/guardian's names if applicable?
I have been helping a few others already. As far as Jason Ticknor is concerened I can help you legally.
What, specifically, are you doing/can you do to help?
As far as who they should be looking for im not exaclty sure. As far as I know neither of them are active traders anymore.
Does that mean that you don't really KNOW who is doing any scamming? If not, then how much help can you offer?
They kind of have to be diffrent people. If you have not looked at the facts.
Which facts would that be? What facts make them HAVE to be different people?

One other thing:
Oh yeah and another thing, EVERYONE has a new account on here.
Really?
Really?
REALLY?
MY account on THIS system goes back a year and a half. Look at my feedback and you'll see I go back a few years.
Look at some other traders and you'll see way more history.
So, how does EVERYONE have a new account?

Eric

insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

solosmf wrote:Bull $#!^. As far as I am conserned anybody that says they are here to help get (YOUR STUFF BACK!) is either Jason Ticknor himself or a friend of his.
That hurts, dude.

I busted my ass and used a LOT of MY spare time to nail Ticknor when he ripped me off.

I made DAMN sure I got everyone else's name and contact info that was ripped off by him at the time, as well, spanning several different forums and countries. Yours included.

Now you're trying to tell me as far as you're concerned, I'M in league with HIM? I can't help but take some serious offense to that. That's like a slap in the face man.

I did my best to help everyone involved, but after a certain point, there's only so much I could do FOR you. I remember you specifically being the one person who was begging me to somehow get your stuff back FOR you, as though I had that kind of power. Well, I don't. Only you did, and only you ever did.

After a certain point, only YOU can help get your stuff back. I launched the assault, it was up to you to follow through. I compiled all the evidence FOR you, I got everyone's contact info FOR you, hell, I even put you in touch with the very detective that dealt with Ticknor on a previous occasion FOR you and I didn't even get so much as a "thank you."

If I recall correctly, everyone involved in the situation I was in got their stuff back BUT you. Why was that? Did you not follow up with the police? Did you not keep in constant contact? Did you keep in too much contact and annoy them? What happened? Why were you the only one?

I'm here to help this community cope with asshats like Jason Ticknor. That's become one of my part time hobbies now. I don't do it because I have to, I do it because I'd want it done for me. I do it because I love this site and the convenience it brings. Bartertown is UNIQUE. I want to see it thrive.

So thank you for your ungrateful comments. I'm real sorry you didn't get your stuff back, but I did EVERYTHING I could. I didn't get what I wanted out of the situation, either. I wanted Ticknor to see some jail time. That's pretty much all I wanted, miniatures bedamned. For the amount of merchandise he's stolen over the years, he really should be in prison in one country or another.
mon·ey: noun; a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

USPS Mail Fraud / / FBI Internet Fraud Center

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”