Bad Trader Astorre

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

confusion.elemental ( 164 )
Journeyman Trader

Bad Trader Astorre

Post by confusion.elemental »

Several weeks ago I arranged a trade with this guy, I was to send a copy of the Warhammer rulebook from the IOB box set and $6. In return I was to receive 17 painted high Elf Phoenix Guard. I sent them and when he received the items he claimed that he had already traded off the Phoenix Guard. Apparently since I failed to confirm I had sent the items he decided to trade the items to another person. this sucked but not the end of the world. We made another arrangement for a High Elf repeater Bolt thrower, he asked again for my mailing address and that was the last I heard from him. I waited and after a couple of weeks I sent 3 separate messages asking where my items are, his 'last visited' log on his profile showed a log in after the first of these 3 messages so I know he saw one and ignored it.

After waiting for several weeks, I decided to leave negative feedback for Astorre knowing that once I did this I would not receive my items. After a week or so, he logs back in and decides to retaliate and leave me negative feedback. I would like help resolving this please, yes it sucks that I lost out on the item end, but that does not bother me as much the untrue negative feedback. Below is a log of all the messages we received.

Re: Have: HE Want: Empire, Rulebook, $$ LAST TIME BEFORE EBA

Sent: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:11 am
by confusion.elemental

I have a mini rule book to trade if you still need it. I am interested mostly in the phoenix guard.

Subject: Have: HE Want: Empire, Rulebook, $$ LAST TIME BEFORE EBAY

astorre wrote:
Hello looking to trade/sell High Elves. All plastic/current models. Prices do not include shipping....

Have:
8 Silver Helms Unassembled, No Shields $20
8 Silver Helms Assembled, Unpainted, No Shields $20
40 White Lions Assembled, Full Command, Primed White $70
17 Phoenix Guard Assembled, Full Command, Painted $25
10 Phoenix Guard Assembled, Full Command, Primed White $25
3 Bolt Throwers Assembled, Painted, Based $15 each
1 Bolt Thrower Assembled, Bare Plastic, Crew Unassembled $15
2 Eagles Bare Metal $15 each

Want:
Mini Rulebook
Empire General/BSB Box
2-3 Demigryphs
15-16 Knightly Orders
Cannon
40 Militia/Archers (will take bret archers if you have all 40 so they match)
Archers arms (to convert militia if needed)
Steam Tank top hatch
but most of all.... Money :) Accepting paypal

Get them before theyre gone!

Sent: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:53 am
by astorre

I'll trade you either lot of Phoenix Guard if the book is in good condition (no pages falling out no damage to book) and you agree to pay for shipping, if you send $6 and book first due to lower feedback rating we can make the deal. I only ask for shipping because I'm asking a little more for the PG than what the book is worth. How bout it?

Sent: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:42 pm
by confusion.elemental

I can do that, I will need a physical address and preferred method of payment.

Sent: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:50 pm
by astorre

brendon bowersox
[redacted address]
spring hill tn 37174

you can just tuck cash in there with the book. which lot of phoenix guard do you want?

Sent: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:00 pm
by confusion.elemental

The 17 man unit

Sent: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:09 pm
by astorre

Ok sounds good let me know when you ship and ill hold them for you.

Sent: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:58 pm
by astorre

Hey buddy I got the book yesterday... why didn't you tell me you shipped it? I said id hold them for you when you told me you'd shipped... so after not hearin from you I thought you backed out & I sold the pg Friday... how do you want to fix this??

Sent: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:14 pm
by confusion.elemental

I misunderstood you, what all do you have left?

Sent: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:40 am
by astorre

I have 40 white lions, 4 bolt throwers, 2 eagles, 16 silver helms

Sent: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:04 pm
by confusion.elemental

2 bolt throwers?

Sent: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:48 pm
by astorre

I was sellin them 15 a piece and 6 for shippin so if you could send me 10 bucks to cover the difference they're yours. or I could send you one and 5 bucks back

Sent: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:43 pm
by confusion.elemental

Just do 1

Sent: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:25 pm
by astorre

ok sounds good

Sent: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:34 pm
by astorre

Whats your address? My mama threw that brown bag away that you shipped in.

Sent: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:56 pm
by confusion.elemental

Chris Dicks
[redacted address]
Hudsonville, Mi 49426

Sent: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:53 pm
by confusion.elemental

I was wondering when you sent the bolt thrower? I have yet to receive it.

Sent: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:13 am
by confusion.elemental

Has my bolt thrower bent shipped yet? Its been almost two weeks and I've heard nothing from you.

Sent: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:41 am
by confusion.elemental

where are my mini's?

This is the last of the communications, until he logged back on and left negative feedback for me. As I said, getting the negative feedback removed is my biggest concern.
Last edited by Plarz on Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed PII (addresses)
Owed feedback from
- Hissers
- bat
- Daily4605
- eddtheman70
- monroe126
- ShadowXIX
- clivegh
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Bad Trader Astorre

Post by MagickalMemories »

One thing at a time...
Brendon J Bowersox

Phone numbers
615-591-0967
615-302-8418

Address
4002 Fremantle Cir Spring Hill
TN 37174-8535
You should try calling him about getting your stuff back. According to what I found, it looks like this is mom & dad's house.
Be polite and you'll have better luck.

As for the reference... We'll look into that further.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Journeyman Trader

The first number seems to be a fax line, the second one is no longer in service.
Owed feedback from
- Hissers
- bat
- Daily4605
- eddtheman70
- monroe126
- ShadowXIX
- clivegh
astorre ( 72 )
BTown Regular

Post by astorre »

PM sent to MagicalMemories:

Hello. That guy said he made a deal. After not hearin back from him for over a week and no confirmation of shipping, like I asked him to do, the book just shows up on my doorstep. You can clearly see in my messages that he chose to post I said tell me when you ship and I will hold them.
We tried to work something out but when a friend wanted my bolt throwers I just sent the book back.
He received it back, I am trying to find the confirmation number but its been a while. So its not going well.
If he would have traded like he was supposed to do and communicate better none of this would have happened. I have a good record on here and do not cheat nobody.
He got his book back. I'm out the shipping cost.
Now for yall to post my name, age, address, and phone numbers on line is ridiculous. You can take that down at any time. I do NOT want my information displayed publicly like that and if it is still posted tomorrow I will investigate what legal means I have to remove it. Including filing harassment and libel charges against him and this website.
I do not appreciate my reputation being dragged through the mud because some kid is throwing a temper tantrum.
Thank you.
astorre ( 72 )
BTown Regular

Post by astorre »

Now for the rest of the conversation he chose to leave out....

This is the feedback he left me:
Arranged a trade and after I sent my items, he traded what he was going to trade me, to someone else. Then would only settle on a trade of less value then before. Then never sent me my items. I wave waited weeks now, sent him several messages, which he has seen, but not responded to.

A their and a scammer traders beware

First of all, I clearly said TELL ME WHEN YOU SHIP AND I WILL HOLD THE ITEMS FOR YOU. After that simple request was ignored I figured he backed out. I didn't log on for a long time as i had no business on here. I didn't see ANY of his messages. So not only did he lie, but he then decides to label me unjustly as a "their" and a scammer.

So the feedback I left was:
Well I arranged a trade with this guy he never responded so I sold the item to someone else. Then 3 weeks later his item just show up. I tried to work out a different trade with him & just ended up returning his item. Now I get on here over a month later and he leaves me a bad reference. Clearly upset & throwing a temper tantrum over the original deal not workin out due to a lack of communication on his part. Now its cost me time, shipping money, and personal attacks. Ridiculous.

Do you think its right for me to hold his items for 3 weeks without hearing from him? No. Its not.
He replied:
Such bull[Admin edit - You know better], we made a deal, you then decided to make a deal with someone else. So no big deal, we made a new deal for a bolt thrower and crew, which you never sent, this makes you a thief. Where is my bnolt thrower and crew?

To which I said:
I can deal with your lack of communication, and I can even deal with your character assassination. but your cursing and hostility is unbearable. have a good life.

So now this guy has:
1. Not properly communicated that he shipped, didn't hear from him for 3 weeks until the book just shows up.
2. Called me a thief and a scammer. This is slanderous and could constitute libel.
3. Resorted to cursing and rude language on the verge of making threats.

I ended the conversation. I do not wish to spend any more time on this issue, yet here we are.
He received his side of the deal back. The deal fell through based on his lack of communication and the time elapsed between the deal being verbally agreed upon and the items showing up. It has cost me time and money. Enough is enough. Remove my information from the internet please. Thank you.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

astorre wrote:PM sent to MagicalMemories:

Hello. That guy said he made a deal. After not hearin back from him for over a week and no confirmation of shipping, like I asked him to do, the book just shows up on my doorstep. You can clearly see in my messages that he chose to post I said tell me when you ship and I will hold them.
We tried to work something out but when a friend wanted my bolt throwers I just sent the book back.
He received it back, I am trying to find the confirmation number but its been a while. So its not going well.
If he would have traded like he was supposed to do and communicate better none of this would have happened. I have a good record on here and do not cheat nobody.
He got his book back. I'm out the shipping cost.
Now for yall to post my name, age, address, and phone numbers on line is ridiculous. You can take that down at any time. I do NOT want my information displayed publicly like that and if it is still posted tomorrow I will investigate what legal means I have to remove it. Including filing harassment and libel charges against him and this website.
I do not appreciate my reputation being dragged through the mud because some kid is throwing a temper tantrum.
Thank you.
PM sent in response:

First of all, let's clear something up; I took the time to PM you because you have a good reputation here. Were it not for the negative reference that he left for you, your rating would be a 66. Thirty three confirmed positive trades is no small amount, and is acknowledged as such.

Second: You say he got his book back but (a) cannot prove it (b) never gave him a tracking number and (c) if you did send it, did not send what you agreed to [a bolt thrower and $5]. Period. Those are all facts. You can't prove you sent it and he says he never received it. With those two facts, we have to go with the accuser. I'm NOT saying you didn't send it. I'm saying you can't PROVE you did. If you had a tracking #, we could show that it had been sent and/or received. We cannot, so here we stand.

As for posting your "name, age, address, and phone numbers on line" being ridiculous, if you don't like it, take it up with these guys:
http://www.whitepages.com/name/Brendon- ... TN/6r30g8z

It's public information. Sharing it here is in no way illegal.
I do NOT want my information displayed publicly like that and if it is still posted tomorrow I will investigate what legal means I have to remove it. Including filing harassment and libel charges against him and this website.
My email address is posted in numerous places on this site. When you find a lawyer who actually thinks you have a case against Bartertown for any of these things, you have him email me. I'll be sure to let him know how he can get in touch with the site owner.
You see, I have not harassed you, nor has any representative if this site. I even told him to be POLITE when calling the publicly listed phone # for you; I have made no accusations against you, nor has any representative of this site; I have posted no private information of yours (your email address -which I wouldn't have posted, though I could have), nor has any representative of this site.
If you wish to pursue libel charges against the OP of the BTR thread, you have his mailing address. He even posted it right in the BTR. You'll have a hard time proving any harassment allegations, however, since he's just been working to get what's legally owed to him. You might, of course, end up with charges of your own. After all, by all accounts so far, you have not met your obligations to him. That alone might alleviate any claims of libel you have against him:
li·bel
ˈlībəl/
noun
noun: libel; plural noun: libels
1. Law
A published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.
synonyms: defamation, defamation of character, character assassination, calumny, misrepresentation, scandalmongering
Note the 3rd word of the actual definition there. As it sits, there's no evidence that his statement is false.

Now, if you're done trying to threaten and scare me (it's been tried before. It just doesn't work), and want me to HELP you get this removed, you feel free to respond. My (volunteer) position here includes duties of resolving BTRs and I have a demonstrated history of working with people on BOTH sides of BTRs to get them resolved. If you want to spew more junk at me, save your energy. It'll get you nowhere.

Since you posted your PM to me publicly in the BTR, you'll be able to find this PM there, as well. Additionally, I'll publicly respond to the other post you made in the thread.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

astorre wrote: First of all, I clearly said TELL ME WHEN YOU SHIP AND I WILL HOLD THE ITEMS FOR YOU. After that simple request was ignored I figured he backed out. I didn't log on for a long time as i had no business on here. I didn't see ANY of his messages. So not only did he lie, but he then decides to label me unjustly as a "their" and a scammer.
You're right. You said to let you know when he shipped, but he didn't. THAT is the one fact that you're correct about. The rest of what follows are problems on your part.
astorre wrote:So the feedback I left was:
Well I arranged a trade with this guy he never responded so I sold the item to someone else. Then 3 weeks later his item just show up. I tried to work out a different trade with him & just ended up returning his item. Now I get on here over a month later and he leaves me a bad reference. Clearly upset & throwing a temper tantrum over the original deal not workin out due to a lack of communication on his part. Now its cost me time, shipping money, and personal attacks. Ridiculous.
Ah. Mistake #1. It was 12 days from the time he agreed until the day you said you received them. Considering your distance (MI to TN), 3 to 5 days is an acceptable presumption for transit time. Let's err on your side and say 3 days. Then, we have to factor in a 2 day delay for the weekend. So, 5 days is a reasonable transit time. That means he took a week to send them. That's not horrible.
Even so, TWELVE DAYS is not 3 weeks. It's not even TWO weeks.
I'll ignore that you said to me, in your PM, that it was "over a week" since, technically, 12 days and/or 3 weeks *IS* "over a week."
astorre wrote:Do you think its right for me to hold his items for 3 weeks without hearing from him? No. Its not.
He replied:
Such bull[Admin edit - You know better], we made a deal, you then decided to make a deal with someone else. So no big deal, we made a new deal for a bolt thrower and crew, which you never sent, this makes you a thief. Where is my bnolt thrower and crew?
Two weeks, not three. And, yes, I do think it's reasonable.
WHY do I think it's reasonable? Because you made an agreement to trade those items. When you chose to sell/trade those items to someone else without contacting him to make sure the trade was off, or at least give him the opportunity to tell you, "Oops. I screwed up and forgot to tell you that I shipped X days ago," you violated the contract you made with him. YOU did. YOU violated it. You agreed to trade him, then sent them off somewhere else without warning or notice of any kind.
By not letting you know when he shipped he may have been guilty of, at worst, poor trading etiquette. He did, however, keep to his side of the agreement (contacting you was a request by you after the agreement was made, not part of the actual agreement).
astorre wrote:To which I said:
I can deal with your lack of communication, and I can even deal with your character assassination. but your cursing and hostility is unbearable. have a good life.
So, when he asked you to send what you promised, you didn't even CLAIM to have sent it. You just turned tail, cut off communication and ran? Yeah. That looks REALLY good for you. You're strengthening your legal position with every word you type.
astorre wrote:So now this guy has:
1. Not properly communicated that he shipped, didn't hear from him for 3 weeks until the book just shows up.
2. Called me a thief and a scammer. This is slanderous and could constitute libel.
3. Resorted to cursing and rude language on the verge of making threats.

I ended the conversation. I do not wish to spend any more time on this issue, yet here we are.
He received his side of the deal back. The deal fell through based on his lack of communication and the time elapsed between the deal being verbally agreed upon and the items showing up. It has cost me time and money. Enough is enough. Remove my information from the internet please. Thank you.
1) TWELVE days. Still not a violation of your agreement, though.
2) Slander is spoken. Libel is written. Considering the information I've posted already, good luck with yout claims.
3) Cussing is not illegal, nor is rudeness. I saw no threats he was on the verge of. YOU, on the other hand, have just been FREE with the threats.

Prove to me that you sent it. Show me the tracking #. Otherwise, if you can't prove that you have a legal debt you are obligated to, then "He received his side of the deal back" is an unproven claim on your part.
...I don't control the internet. I can't remove your information from the whole thing and, as long as it's publicly available information, there's nothing illegal about me sharing it here.

So, like I said via PM, if you want my assistance in rectifying the situation you can send me a polite PM. If not, then fine. You are still obligated to this debt, however.

Eric

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

For those who care:
BTown has received an email. This man is asking us to remove his email address.

NOT HAPPENING.
You get a BTR and don't make it right, the information stays.
You want it edited? Make it right. THEN contact me.

Until that time...
Brendon J Bowersox

Address
4002 Fremantle Cir Spring Hill
TN 37174-8535

Eric

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Keeping the thread updated,
we've received another email...

An individual by the name of "Brendon Bowersox" with an email address of
">>Admin Edit<<" and an IP address of ">>Admin Edit<<" on "Mon
May 27, 2019 5:08 am" sent the following message:
Hello there is a thread from 2014 that shows my address as well as private
communications I'd like it to be deleted thank you.
using the Contact form at "Bartertown.com".

Information that you don't need to know has been removed, and the actual message he sent was put in a quote box.
As is our standard issue response, we're denying his request until the OP indicates that he has settled his debt.

Also, PMing the OP to be sure he's updated.

Eric

Journeyman Trader

I have still not received any sort resolution to this issue. He has never attempted to contact me, much less resolve this issue any further. It would seem that as far as he is concerned, I no longer matter.
Owed feedback from
- Hissers
- bat
- Daily4605
- eddtheman70
- monroe126
- ShadowXIX
- clivegh
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

This.

This right here.

This is why BTRs are NEVER removed.

Eric

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”