40k tournament for our locals **UPDATED 6/18**

Only Wargamer's Cave Staff may start new topics in this forum. All users may respond to existing topics
WargamersCaveRay ( 1360 )
Expert Trader

40k tournament for our locals **UPDATED 6/18**

Post by WargamersCaveRay »

Hi everyone, just decided that I don't want to wait until the middle of August for another tournament. This tournament will be using 5th edition rules.

Thinking we'll have one on July 7, 1850 points. It will be a singles tournament. Sign in will be at noon on Saturday, 7/7.

Have room for 8 players. $10 per player gets you in. There will be prizes for the winner (obviously) and best paint on a model. Voting will be done by store staff and players, voting will take place before the first game.

Apocalypse formations may be used. Submit your army list before July 1 for an extra 5 kill points.

Time line:
12:00-12:30 check in
12:30-3:00 game 1
3:00-3:15 break
3:15-5:45 game 2
5:45-6:45 dinner break
6:45-9:15 game 3

All missions will be based on kill points. The overall winner will be decided with the total number of kill points in all 3 rounds.

3665 Nameoki Rd
Granite City, IL 62040
Last edited by WargamersCaveRay on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: 40k tournament for our locals

Post by MagickalMemories »

Have you decided on what format you're running yet? I'm trying to see if anyone in my gaming group is interested in coming up for the tournament (it's only about an hour away), but they won't commit until they know if it's singles or teams and what the points level will be.

Thanks.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Expert Trader

I can understand their concerns. Right now I have one team, or 3 singles. Going to be at DieCon this weekend, maybe get others signed up. But we'll see. I'd like to do teams. How many people could you bring?
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I won't know until I hear back from them.
Four is a SLIGHT possibility. VERY slight. VERY VERY slight.
More than likely, it would be 2 or 3 but, depending on their schedules, 1 is a possibility. LOL
Everything hinges on the specifics and how well I can "sell" them the idea of driving almost an hour for a store tournament, and which tournament type it is. They won't agree to anything until they know what they're getting into. ; )

If it's a team tournament, I can guarantee it won't be 3. Nobody in my group would want to go and be paired up with a random stranger. A singles tournament has a far better chance of interesting them.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Expert Trader

Re: 40k tournament for our locals **UPDATED 6/18**

As of now, just have 3 that have signed up. Think the most we could do is 8 singles.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Before I get my group on board; is that a definite, then? Until I speak with them, I can't make any promises, but it could be up to 4 more, including myself.

Eric

Expert Trader

Yes indeed.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Then put me down for two slots. I'm still waiting to hear about the 3rd person. Slight chance for a 4th, even.
I'm PMing you the names.

Eric

Expert Trader

To keep things on a level playing field, no Forgeworld units will be allowed. This is meant to be a fun "good-bye" to 5th.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Had a blast, Ray. Thanks for running a great tourney.
Maybe the next one can be in the winter, so all that body heat can be put to POSITIVE use. LOL

Anyone in the STL area (it's about 45 minutes or less from STL) should definitely head in to check out the cave.

LOL

Eric

Expert Trader

Thanks for the words Eric, our next one is actually August 18th, our birthday weekend. Hoping to make that one a team tournament. Can we count you and your group in? Have a fourth or willing to team up with a stranger? We have a Necron player that may be able to team up with Andy.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

WargamersCaveRay wrote:Thanks for the words Eric, our next one is actually August 18th, our birthday weekend. Hoping to make that one a team tournament. Can we count you and your group in? Have a fourth or willing to team up with a stranger? We have a Necron player that may be able to team up with Andy.
I'll run it by the guys. We're got the potential for four people. There are 4 in our regular group.
Any idea on the rules or other specifics?

Eric

Expert Trader

No idea just yet. It will be using 6th edition rules though. I have to order me a book this week.

Return to “Wargamer's Cave - Get out of your cave and into ours”