State Abbreviations

Information for new users, random messages, and stuff that doesn't go anywhere else. NO TRADE ADS!!! This forum is for Bartertown related information/messages ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

State Abbreviations

Post by JohnHwangBT »

When adding a new Reference, can we add the State Abbreviation to the State Name:

California (CA)

This would be helpful for those who don't know the long name of the state they've been asked to mail to. They can just match the abbreviation and be done.
Feedback as "JohnHwangBT" on Bartertown

Any Negatives or Neutrals? *You* ship first, regardless of rating!
wookieegunner ( 66 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: State Abbreviations

Post by wookieegunner »

Or maybe link to a reference like:

http://www.usps.com/ncsc/lookups/usps_a ... tions.html ?
By trading with me you agree that all signature based trade rules are not in force. If it isn't in the PM thread then it doesn't apply.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

We can forward the request to Adam, but I've got to warn you that I doubt it'll happen. Not any time soon, for certain. There are a number of things that need to be done that would definitely rank higher on the importance scale.

Also, you realize that part is optional and nobody on the site can or will see whether or not you insert info on which state theyre in. Right?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Post by JohnHwangBT »

MagickalMemories wrote:We can forward the request to Adam, but I've got to warn you that I doubt it'll happen. Not any time soon, for certain. There are a number of things that need to be done that would definitely rank higher on the importance scale.

Also, you realize that part is optional and nobody on the site can or will see whether or not you insert info on which state theyre in. Right?

Eric
I'm just trying to help so we can avoid a debacle for the following example:
- MinnesotA MA
- MassachusettS MS
- MissourI MI
- MichigaN MN
right? :D

And no, I had no idea that it was optional - my nature is such that I fill out the form completely, every time. But then, you should have already know that from our back-and-forth exchanges...
Feedback as "JohnHwangBT" on Bartertown

Any Negatives or Neutrals? *You* ship first, regardless of rating!
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

Optional?

OPTIONAL!?

Grr. I too always fill it out every time.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

LOL

Well, it doesn't explicitly say that but, if you look at the page, there are only 4 sections that have a red asterisk by them. If you leave one of those blank, the system will stop you in your tracks. Any of the "non-asterisked" sections, and it'll let it go.

Typically, when you see sections on a form with an asterisk it means they're required, whereas "non-aterisked" means optional.

@John
Yes.
While I'd have never really *presumed* that of you, had I been given a quiz, that is the answer I'd have chosen.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Bartertown Information and Misc Messages”